Pre-Employment Medical Assessments in Kalgoorlie
Pre-employment medical assessments are a workforce risk management tool used to screen individuals for risk factors that may limit their ability to perform a job safely and effectively.
Goldfields offers comprehensive and detailed pre-employment medical examinations, pre-placement and periodic medical assessments that can be tailored to suit your business needs.
Whatever the industry, the health and safety of your staff is essential and is key to optimising company productivity.
The benefits of conducting pre-employment medical assessments include:
- A safer working environment
- Reduction in workplace injuries
- Minimised downtime
- Reduction in WorkCover claims and insurance costs
- Matching the capacity of the employee with the role, and
- Overall recruitment cost and risk reduction.
Pre-employment medical assessments performed by our highly skilled healthcare professionals and reviewed by an Occupational Physician ensuring timely, accurate occupational health requirements are met.
Our pre-employment medical examinations usually include the following components:
- Comprehensive health questionnaire
- Height, weight, body mass index (BMI)
- Cardiovascular examination (heart check, blood pressure, pulse)
- Full musculoskeletal examination including comprehensive range of movement
- Central nervous system examination
- Examination for hernias and other abdominal abnormalities
- Urinalysis for diabetes or kidney / bladder disorders
- Respiratory examination
- Vision assessment including colour blindness
- Audiometry (hearing test, including WorkCover WA audio compliance)
- Spirometry (lung function test)
- Drug and alcohol testing (instant or laboratory)
- Work fitness assessments (otherwise known as functional capacity evaluations)
Don’t let your pre-employment or periodical medical be diluted into a ‘tick and flick’ list. Goldfields Physio comprehensive medical assessments accurately identify worker risks. We provide reliable and re-testable baseline data for individual workers and the whole workforce. Call us today to discuss your pre-employment medical assessment needs.