Pre-Employment Medical Assessments in Kalgoorlie
Pre-employment medical assessments are used as risk management tools to screen individuals for factors that may limit their ability to perform a job safely and effectively.
Goldfields Physio offers comprehensive and detailed pre-employment medical examinations for new employment positions, periodic testing, and/or contractor site access requirements for the mining and construction industries.
Pre-employment medical assessments are performed by our highly skilled healthcare professionals and reviewed by an Occupational Physician. This allows for pre-employment medicals to be tailored to specific industry standards, site requirements and employer expectations. Our determination turn-around times can be within 24 hours of a finalised assessment.
We offer comprehensive and detailed pre-employment medical examinations for new employment positions, periodic testing, and/or contractor site access requirements for the mining and construction industries.
Our Standard Medicals & Additional Testing
Our standard medicals include,
- Comprehensive health questionnaire
- Height, weight, body mass index (BMI)
- Cardiovascular examination (heart check, blood pressure, pulse)
- Central nervous system examination
- Examination for hernias and other abdominal abnormalities
- Respiratory examination
- Vision assessment including colour blindness.
- Audiometry (hearing test – standard or WorkCover)
- Spirometry (lung function test)
- Urinalysis for diabetes or kidney / bladder disorders
- Point of Care Testing (Total Cholesterol, Blood Sugar Levels)
Additional testing can be added but are not limited to
- Drug and alcohol testing – Instant or Laboratory
- Breath Alcohol Level
- Lipids – Point of Care or Laboratory
- DMIRS Silica Health Monitoring Spirometry testing
We also provide a full suite of musculoskeletal and fitness and functional capacity testing which can be performed stand-alone or as an additional component to medical testing. Our standard musculoskeletal and fitness includes:
- Cardiovascular fitness testing
- Comprehensive range of motion
- Special articular and ligament testing
- Neurological tension tests
- Upper and lower limb strength
- Core and back strength
- Manual handling capacity and technique
Additional components are included with functional testing. We also provide tailored Emergency Response testing. If you require any specialised Pre-Employment medicals, contact our reception staff to discuss your needs.