Hydrotherapy Treatment in Kalgoorlie
Hydrotherapy, or aquatic rehabilitation is a specific form of physiotherapy treatment where specifically designed pool-based exercises and therapeutic techniques are utilised to help regain and enhance physical recovery.
Hydrotherapy has profound biological effects, extending across essentially all our body systems. As a result, aquatic therapies are beneficial in the management of patients with musculoskeletal problems, neurologic problems, cardiopulmonary pathology, and other conditions.
The most common conditions we manage with hydrotherapy are:
- Fibromyalgia and chronic pain
- Acute sports injuries
- Post-surgical rehabilitation (i.e. joint replacement, ligament reconstructions, muscle repairs, spinal surgery)
- Mobility restrictions
- Back / spinal pain
- Peripheral musculoskeletal pain, such as shoulder impingement or knee pain
- Early stage injury management
- Ante-natal exercise / conditioning
- Post-natal exercise/conditioning
- Geriatric conditions and falls prevention
- Cardiovascular and cardio-pulmonary conditions
- Respiratory conditions
Hydrotherapy offers greater comfort and ease of movement due to the support the water provides. This means that we can often start therapeutic and rehabilitation exercises days, if not weeks earlier than traditional land-based rehabilitation programs. The therapeutic exercises can also be progressed safely by using the resistance of the water to strengthen muscles and improve stability as function improves.