Exercise Physiology services in Kalgoorlie
Exercise physiology is an integral part of rehabilitation and preventative healthcare services, combining the science of the human body and processes with the science of exercise to create movement based solutions for a broad range of health conditions.
“Exercise as medicine” is also a great way to think of how our Exercise Physiologists prevent and manage diseases and injury. Their aim is to restore optimal health, physical function, health and wellbeing. Exercise can take many forms whether it be resistance, aerobic, balance, flexibility or hydrotherapy or other movement based therapies. Because it is diverse, exercise physiology is a great way to manage and treat chronic and complex conditions such as:
- Diabetes and obesity
- Mental health issues (depression, anxiety)
- Musculoskeletal injuries (pre/post-surgery rehab, arthritis, osteoporosis)
- Neurological conditions (stroke, Parkinson’s, MS)
- Aging (balance, falls risk, prevention of muscle and bone loss)
- Cardiovascular (heart attack, arrhythmias, hypertension, CVD)
- Pulmonary (Cystic fibrosis, asthma, Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
- Paediatrics (Cerebral palsy, ADHD)
- Cancer (delivery of exercise during treatment to aid therapy effectiveness and after treatment to regain function, strength, bone mass, fitness)
Our aim is to restore optimal health, physical function, health and wellbeing.
Our EP’s are able to see a wide range of conditions
Our Exercise Physiologists will assess and provide tailored, individualised exercise programs to treat conditions and prevent complications. When designing your program we:
- Focus on your needs, interests, and motivators.
- Educate you on your condition, health, injuries, what to do and things to avoid.
- Work closely with other allied health professionals. This multidisciplinary approach ensures you have the best care and have access to easy referral networks should the need arise.
Not injured? Don’t worry our Exercise Physiologists are experts at keeping you that way.
We actually love helping people live healthy and active lives without injury. Our team of Exercise Physiologists commonly prescribe exercise programs to healthy populations looking to improve their overall health, wellbeing, improve sport performance or to achieve specific goals.. Common goals may be:
- Preventing recurrence of prior pain or injury
- Manage and improve health or medical conditions
- Reduce the risk of developing a health or medical condition
- Improve bone density, joint and muscle health
- Improve balance and coordination
- Improve heart and lung health, and decrease blood pressure
- Decrease weight and body fat levels
- Improve mental wellbeing
- Pregnancy conditioning
- Improve sports performance/sports specific conditioning (e.g. completing a marathon, or to make a representative football side)
To help you keep you active and healthy we use goal setting, movement analysis, and a mixture of cardiovascular and strength training assessments to aid the development of individualised programs tailored to your specific needs. Our interventions are evidence-based and include health and physical activity education, advice and support on lifestyle modifications with a strong emphasis on achieving behavioural change.
Exercise Physiologist are able to provide services privately and through compensable bodies such as Workers’ Compensation, Third Party (CTP) Insurance, Life Insurance, ICWA, NDIS, Medicare & Private Health Insurers.